visit

vendredi 3 juin 2016

Introducing Dementia Behavior

It is 94 - bedridden because of arthritis in both knees, the catheter worn due to urinary obstruction, has dementia and hearing impaired. She stayed with her son. Her room has a bed, a TV to enjoy religious texts - a kind of courtesy YouTube - and photographs of his late mother and two older brothers, on the opposite wall.

First stage

* The "Brother, open the door. Get me out. '

Why me?'

: "I want to go home."

Me: "This is your house."

Him: "You come near me.

Why me?'

: "I must go down. "

Why me?'

Him: "I have to go home. '

The problem and the solution

* Therefore, it keeps repeating. There is no solution. It is useless to convince a dementia patient - even if you persuade, you will forget it in the next moment. The only solution is to divert his thoughts. "YouTube" comes in handy.

* You can not hear, but you can read religious scriptures. Keep reading, talking loudly and religious writings, for an hour or two. You can sleep after that, or reboot with, I want to go home. "

second step

* Him: "I have to pee. What should I do?'

Me: "just relax Catheter, urine is automatically downloaded in a plastic bag..

Him.? "I have a strong urge to urinate What do I Put a bowl.

Me: "Do not Let it go it will automatically drain ...

Him: "What are you talking spoils the bed."

Me: "Believe me, it's fine."

Him: "No, not pee '.

Third step

* After each meal / food, there is a pressure in your intestines. It can be simply "gas", but is unable to determine, insisting each time, "It is time" insignificant "." Can we have a chance?

fourth step

* We do this night in wheelchairs. Push to start reciting religious prayers. He remembers all of his childhood - the long-term memory, which remained intact.

Premonition of death

* Get a sense, his life ends. Often whispers, "finished" or "but what is my fault," and finally, "someone! I will die ". He remembers his mother and brothers, and calls and says: "I come" At night, when he is unable to sleep, read the religious writings that appear on television, and it's cool for a while;. only to flare up again with "I want to go home!

* God bless humanity with dementia solution. Amen!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire